What is an EEA National?
Answer: An EEA National is a national of any of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

I am not from an EEA Country, can you help me?
Answer: Sorry! We cannot help you any further. Please click here to find an independent immigration agency or go back to our homepage to start again

As an EEA national what are my rights?
        Answer: As an EEA national you are entitled to move freely within the European    Economic Area, provided you meet certain requirements. These include that you are entitled to reside in the UK for the first three months of your visit without restriction. Once you have exercised “free movement rights” and are a “qualified person” then you have the right to live and work in the UK free from restriction for as long as you remain a qualified person. 

What is a Qualified Person?
        Answer: A qualified person is someone who is either; (i) seeking work, or (ii) working (employed), or (iii) Self-employed person, or (iv) self-sufficient (retired) or (v) Student. Each of the above status’ have specific criteria that you must satisfy in order to be a qualified person. 

Can I lose my status as a Qualified Person? 
           Answer: If you leave the UK for a period of more than 6 months at any one time for reasons other than, military service, pregnancy and/or childbirth, a serious illness, study or vocational training or where you might be posted to an overseas role. If you are unemployed for a period of more than 6 months and are not studying or in vocational training or have no real prospect of finding a job you may lose your Qualified Person Status.     

Do I need to evidence my status as a Qualified Person?
        Answer: As mentioned above you are able to move freely within the UK and the EU without hindrance or without requirement to produce a residence permit of some sort. That said if you so request the UK government will provide you with a document evidencing your right to live, work, study or retire in the UK. As an EEA national you and your family members can request a residence card or a registration certificate (if you are an EEA national) or a residence card (if your family member is not from the EEA) from the Home Office. 

What is Permanent Residence?
        Answer: If you have been a Qualified Person and/or your family or extended family members have been in the UK for a period of 5 years or more then you automatically attain Permanent Residence status. Permanent Residence may be lost if you leave the country for a period of more than 2 years without good reason.  

What if I arrived as one type of Qualified Person (e.g. as a Student) and now I am a different type of Qualified Person (e.g. employed by a company)? 
        Answer: You are able to enter the country as one type of Qualified Person and become another type of Qualified Person. You must have met all the criteria of that type of Qualified Person (e.g. you must be able to show that you were looking for work if you had a period where you were unemployed).  

What can YouStayUK do for me?
Answer: YouStayUK will help you to ascertain what your status is in the UK? YouStayUK can also help you to apply for documents certifying your status from the Home Office here in the UK. 

How will YouStayUK help me?
        Answer: YouStayUK will help you to ascertain what your current status is via 5 questions and thereafter if you take up our premium service we will help you to complete the relevant form and identify the relevant documents you would need to ensure that your application for a residence or registration card is ready.  

How much will YouStayUK charge?
        Answer: Depending on the premium service you decide to take we will charge you between £99.99 and £129.99. If you are applying only for yourself then we will charge you £99.99. Remember though that you will also have to pay a fee of £65 to the UK Home Office. 

What is YouStayUK’s premium service?
        Answer: YouStayUK will help you to complete the relevant information required for you to obtain your EEA Permanent Residence card or EEA Qualified Person’s Registration Card. YouStayUK will also give you a checklist of the documents you will need to send together with your application form.